PaulRenda Posted November 13, 2013 Posted November 13, 2013 Failed to get Gmail or Outlook to work! :-(
fiza Posted November 13, 2013 Author Posted November 13, 2013 I've setup the fake user account, but the problem I have is that Spiceworks doesn't mask it as coming from icthelpdesk@, but instead the fake.user.206@, which is really annoying because on the test I ran, everyone comes up asking who is fake.user, does he work for us? I'm wondering if I setup a outlook.com user and re-direct... would it work? Have to give it a go. Have you tried changing the "use as from address" for the user?
PaulRenda Posted November 13, 2013 Posted November 13, 2013 WHOA!! How do I do that?? Please elaborate... (maybe I have done this...)
fiza Posted November 13, 2013 Author Posted November 13, 2013 Login to atomwide support site as the user - go to "my account" then "email". Should list all the aliases for the user that you have created. Should give an option to change the from address. 1
Arreks Posted September 26, 2014 Posted September 26, 2014 (edited) Here goes, you need to setup a shared mailbox on the back of your own lgflmail mailbox on Atomwides system. Call it ICTTech or whatever you would like. Once that is done, get the full mailbox address, it's usually in the format of [email protected], this is also on the Atomwide system. Then setup Spiceworks email settings as below; Outgoing email - Exchange Server - https://mail.lgflmail.org/exchange/[email protected] - Your shared mailbox full address Username & password - Your standard username & password Incoming settings - POP Server - mail.lgflmail.org Port - 995 - SSL ticked Username - [email protected]\mailbox???? password - your password I can confirm it does work this way! let me know how you get on, Brendan I know I'm a bad person for gravedigging a 2 year old thread, but has anyone had an issue using a shared mailbox (LGFL) with Spiceworks where it shows the mailbox's owner's display name rather than the shared mailbox display name (or spiceworks display name for that matter)? For example the outgoing settings are correct, but when we get an email it displays my name rather than "Helpdesk".. Also, anyone managed to get Exchange working for Incoming mail? **edit** Spoke to LGFL and they said they'd allow a "user" email for the helpdesk as long as we provide an IP address where the mail will originate from (our helpdesk server) so that's sorted. Edited September 26, 2014 by Arreks 1
hit Posted September 26, 2014 Posted September 26, 2014 I know I'm a bad person for gravedigging a 2 year old thread, but has anyone had an issue using a shared mailbox (LGFL) with Spiceworks where it shows the mailbox's owner's display name rather than the shared mailbox display name (or spiceworks display name for that matter)? You can change the name in email -> LGfL StaffMail Accounts -> -> manage shared mailboxes -> Pick the mailbox. From there you can change the "SET the Display Name for this shared mailbox to" field. Spoke to LGFL and they said they'd allow a "user" email for the helpdesk as long as we provide an IP address where the mail will originate from (our helpdesk server) so that's sorted. Thats a change of heart, they have always flatly refused my schools!
Obzen Posted May 20, 2015 Posted May 20, 2015 Time to resurrect this thread... I'm currently in the process of trying to set up spiceworks with LGfL staffmail and I'm not having any luck. Has or is anyone still using spiceworks with fake account or a shared mailbox?
rad Posted May 20, 2015 Posted May 20, 2015 I'd edit the last bit of your post @Obzen ie the 6th from last word.... if LGFL find out they wont be happy.
Obzen Posted May 20, 2015 Posted May 20, 2015 It's been mentioned a number of times in this thread and I know some of the support staff from atomwide have seen it. So I don't see the point...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now