Geoff Posted May 29, 2007 Posted May 29, 2007 Has anyone seen these? They are being produced by Via. A 100mm X 72mm system. http://www.mini-itx.com/2007/04/21/via-define-pico-itx-with-vt6047-reference-design They seem well suited to Thin clients.
Espada Posted May 29, 2007 Posted May 29, 2007 No but I want one! The only problem is that a 2.5 inch drive would double the size of the PC so it would have to be a CF card.
Espada Posted May 29, 2007 Posted May 29, 2007 1Gb of CF is about £10. Price isn't the issue. Rather capacity and lifespan. I am thinking about using one in the car to provide mp3 playback, sat nav etc... Another idea is to retire the laptop that is currently my mail server and replace with something not much bigger than a pack of cards. Maybe one of the 1.8" Toshiba jobs would help.
Geoff Posted May 29, 2007 Author Posted May 29, 2007 Ah ok, I don't particularly care about that because I'm using it instead of a HDD in my thin client PCs.
pete Posted May 31, 2007 Posted May 31, 2007 you can also buy compact flash modules that plug into the ide slots for a couple of quid nowadays.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now