Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

HP Scanjet N7710 Scanner not detecting properly


Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi all,

 

I have a HP ScanJet N7710 scanner which we still use, I have setup profiles on it so the user can just press a button on the scanner and it opens the scan software, scans and saves to a pre-determined location.

 

Problem were having is sometimes it seems to loose these profile settings, If I go into the tools (where I set it what to open when which button is pressed) there are no profiles and in the bottom left of the windows it says 'No Scanner detected' in the past a PC restart on restarting scanner has sorted this, but on this occasion it hasnt.

 

The Scanner appears in Devices and printers, and if I run the HP scanner software it asks me to confirm the scanner and which port its plugged into I do this and the box just pops up again. I have already changed the USB lead. Just cant think of what else it could be.

 

any suggestions

 

Thanks

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...