Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

kinda mis-understanding me...

 

I have the external DVD drive, it is plugged in on my desk, but my daughter likes to knock it about and such like...I want to bolt it (via some form of bracket or cage or something) to the desk

Posted
Like this with a couple of strips of mounting brackets or something. They make predrilled strips of metal that are used for installing car stereos and stuff that are easily bendable and should be easy enough to make a bracket out of, kind of like meccano.
Posted
I'd just managed to find an external case to fit an internal drive, thought I'd refresh the page before posting and it turns out you're on about something else entirely anyway. Nevermind! Back to doing some actual work instead I suppose... :p
Posted

I lasercut some brackets to screw our d-link usb hubs down to the desks in the IT rooms these are just hot glued on to the bottom of the hub, would that work?

 

Ben

Posted
I lasercut some brackets to screw our d-link usb hubs down to the desks in the IT rooms these are just hot glued on to the bottom of the hub, would that work?

 

Ben

 

Do you happen to have a picture at all? Ideally it should be able to fit a standard external DVD drive and be able to have a screw or something go through in order for me to get it on my desk. Also perhaps the possibility of some mounting holes in the top. I would obviously pay if it suited what I need :)

Posted

Basically just a plate with 2 screw holes that is glued to the underside of the hub.

 

2012-04-25 15.52.13.jpg

 

Could cut a similar thing but bigger given the bottom dimensions of your drive and incorporate 4 screw holes.

 

Ben

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...