JoeBloggs Posted April 24, 2012 Posted April 24, 2012 Hi, I am planning on upgrading to Exchange 2010 however I have just noticed that our AD Domain Functional Level is 2003, but our Forrest Functional Level is only 2000 - so I obviously need to upgrade this! Can anyone list the steps for me to complete this? ADPrep /forestprep, raise functional level and such? I just don't want to miss anything! Thanks!
synaesthesia Posted April 24, 2012 Posted April 24, 2012 No that's it, oddly enough we did ours last night as we needed to use ADMT to go from 2003 to 2008R2 which you can't do on a 2000 level. Completed in seconds, did it all via AD GUI. Nothing to be concerned about that I know of.
Michael Posted April 24, 2012 Posted April 24, 2012 There are two commands - adprep /forestprep and adprep /domainprep Ideally both should be 2008 R2 level, but only if all your DCs are 2008 R2. You only need to do this on your FSMO role holder, if you have many DCs in your domain. You can still have 2003 Member servers, or indeed 2000 Member servers if you're a bit mad!
JoeBloggs Posted April 25, 2012 Author Posted April 25, 2012 I'm only wanting to upgrade the forrest to 2003 from 2000. The domain is already at 2003.
sukh Posted April 25, 2012 Posted April 25, 2012 How to raise Active Directory domain and forest functional levels 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now