chazzy2501 Posted April 13, 2012 Posted April 13, 2012 Just renewed the self cert for exchange 2007 all services inc IIS. I get the error on my outlook clients that the cert is untrusted. I've always had this issue but I'd like to fix it. Do I have to setup a CA in active directory (no idea how this works) or can I just stuff the cert into the default GPO trusted authorites? quick easy fix please
sukh Posted April 13, 2012 Posted April 13, 2012 Setup a internal CA a get the cert or get a free cert 3rd party and use that, ensure you have the correct names. Security warning when you start Outlook 2007 and then connect to a mailbox that is hosted on a server that is running Exchange Server 2007 or Exchange Server 2010: "The name of the security certificate is invalid or does not match the name of the sit If you're not publishing any services externally then I would just use an internal CA. 1
glennda Posted April 13, 2012 Posted April 13, 2012 if it was self cert'd from the Exchange box just deploy the exchange box's root ca via GPO. 1
sukh Posted April 13, 2012 Posted April 13, 2012 you will have to do that everytime you renew the cert; I prefer to deploy a single cert on the server rather than to x pc's
glennda Posted April 13, 2012 Posted April 13, 2012 @glennda how do I do that? extract the exchange boxs cert from the certificate store and then deploy via GPO Certificate DeploymentConfiguring the GPO - How-to Deploy SSL Certificate... - Gpo, Certificate, Ssl, Gpo Certificat
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now