nLinked Posted March 22, 2012 Posted March 22, 2012 On the main SIMS server (running latest Spring SIMS .net), when I launch FMS module, its just gives an error: exception ewin32error in module finance.exe at 0000f08b win32 error. code 1722 the rpc server is unavailable I tried installing FMSapplicationsetup but same error. What could it be?
vikpaw Posted March 22, 2012 Posted March 22, 2012 It could be your security policy, or this according to SupportNet: This error means that a distributed (RPC) application has tried to reach a server that is not available. For instance, the server may be shut down, there may be a network hardware problem, there may be no common transports, or the server may not exist.Explore each of the possible problems and make the necessary changes. Then retry the operation. As the error is not something caused by FMS I will be unable to advise further, several other solutions and further information can be found by using Google. I'd say, reboot, check your settings, try again. Also try logging in from another machine. I'm guessing your server is Win 2008.
nLinked Posted March 22, 2012 Author Posted March 22, 2012 It could be your security policy, or this according to SupportNet: I'd say, reboot, check your settings, try again. Also try logging in from another machine. I'm guessing your server is Win 2008. Nice, will try a reboot and see how it goes!
vikpaw Posted March 22, 2012 Posted March 22, 2012 (edited) i've just done my upgrades and logging in fine. what have you changed recently? Edited March 22, 2012 by vikpaw
nLinked Posted March 22, 2012 Author Posted March 22, 2012 Updated SIMS .net to Spring. It was working before this ::rolls eyes:: SIMS is fine though
nLinked Posted March 23, 2012 Author Posted March 23, 2012 Just tried a reboot, no joy, same error. It's Server 2003.
nLinked Posted March 23, 2012 Author Posted March 23, 2012 (edited) Well how odd. I started the Print Spooler service to enabled and started. The error changed to: Runtime error 217 at 00025AFE EDIT: And now I've added a printer (there were none), and FMS is working! Printing must an absolute requirement for FMS! Edited March 23, 2012 by nLinked
vikpaw Posted March 25, 2012 Posted March 25, 2012 Well how odd. I started the Print Spooler service to enabled and started. The error changed to: Runtime error 217 at 00025AFE EDIT: And now I've added a printer (there were none), and FMS is working! Printing must an absolute requirement for FMS! Yes it is, you must have a printer installed, it's also fussy about types and drivers, but initially just having one. It will only print to the default one.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now