Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Sample code for bulk shortcut editing/property listing


Recommended Posts

Posted

Im writing a script to do bulk shortcut property changes. So far I have the code to edit the things but it looks like I may have to do a wmi query on file types restricted to a folder to find all the paths and shortcuts first.

Anyone else got anything simpler before I jump in and write it this way?

 

Ps im doing this because since I changed all my shortcut paths to DFS paths and since then resolution of the shortcuts is terrible taking upto a minute in some cases which is unacceptable. Any thoughts on that also appreciated.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...