rphox2003 Posted March 5, 2012 Posted March 5, 2012 (edited) I just cannot understand Word. Things will work fine for days, weeks on end and then all of a sudden something stops working or works differently. I've been inserting cross-references for over a year now and Word inserts the ref with the same style as the para to which I insert it. All of a sudden, Word is inserting the ref in a different font size than the para style!!!!! And I can't change it (except maybe with local formatting which I refuse to do). I found a fix that calls to add *\charformat to the ref field, which seems like more wasted effort, but I tried it anyway and it also doesn't do anything! I just noticed that when I position the cursor inside the ref, Word indicates the correct style in the Styles pane - but the font size is still wrong. (BTW, the style DOES have the correct font size.) Any help!! Ok, after further fun and games I noticed that if I add a \* charformat (with a trailing space), Word retains the correct para style. BUT WHY DO I HAVE TO ADD THIS SWITCH ALL OF THE SUDDEN!?! Edited March 5, 2012 by rphox2003
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now