mirojr Posted March 1, 2012 Posted March 1, 2012 Hello I have the old Error, no valid session type! I am just about giving up with this for now, but i wondered if there was a live CD that booted to give me options for RDP etc I had an image but it just booted into ICEWM with nothin much but an option to burn to HD Anyone know a direct link to a Thinstation liveCD that will give me a session with RDP etc Thanks
CyberNerd Posted March 1, 2012 Posted March 1, 2012 you need to define a session type in the thinstation.conf.network (or thinstation.conf.buildtime or thinstation.conf.user-) depending how you are running it.
mirojr Posted March 1, 2012 Author Posted March 1, 2012 Well I saw the part about: # IMPORTANT: Make sure you minimum have a SESSION_0. Otherwise you will get an error # on boot. You may have additional sessions: SESSION_1, SESSION_2 ... SESSION_0 is on ctrl-alt-F3 So i uncommented/enabled this as above. I am just wondering where this file should reside. Currently I have it in the Thinstation folder under /boot/x86/
CyberNerd Posted March 1, 2012 Posted March 1, 2012 I am just wondering where this file should reside. Currently I have it in the Thinstation folder under /boot/x86/ It depends how your running it. We boot from a PXE server so the file lives in the ftfp root directory. I've not run from hard disk or CD so I'm not soo sure where it looks.
CyberNerd Posted March 1, 2012 Posted March 1, 2012 my Session0 (for citrix) is: ICA_USE_SERVER_KEYBOARD=Off ICA_BROWSER_PROTOCOL=HTTPonTCP ICA_SERVER=172.16.90.1 ICA_ENCRYPTION=Basic ICA_COMPRESS=On ICA_AUDIO=On ICA_SMARTCARD=Off ICA_AUDIO_QUALITY=high ICA_PRINTER=Off ICA_SEAMLESS_WINDOW=Off ICA_WFCLIENT_CDMALLOWED=On ICA_WFCLIENT_DRIVEPATHU=/mnt/usbdevice ICA_WFCLIENT_DRIVEENABLEDU=Yes ICA_WFCLIENT_DRIVEREADACCESSU=0 ICA_WFCLIENT_DRIVEWRITEACCESSU=0 SESSION_0_TYPE=ica SESSION_0_ICA_APPLICATION_SET="Desktop" SESSION_0_TITLE=Citrix
mirojr Posted March 1, 2012 Author Posted March 1, 2012 Running from WDS server, so folders structure: \\ourserver\REMINST\Boot\x86\Thinstation Should it be a .network file in this case?
CyberNerd Posted March 1, 2012 Posted March 1, 2012 yes thinstation.conf.network It resides in the same directory as the pxelinux.0 etc.
mirojr Posted March 1, 2012 Author Posted March 1, 2012 THanks. Must still be missing something. I changed the session section like so: # IMPORTANT: Make sure you minimum have a SESSION_0. Otherwise you will get an error # on boot. You may have additional sessions: SESSION_1, SESSION_2 ... SESSION_0 is on ctrl-alt-F3 #SESSION_1 is on ctrl-alt-F4 # ... etc. SESSION_0_TYPE=icewm # The -a option here specifies the color depth # Note certain servers support certain color depths, wrong settings with this # May cause your connection to fail. SESSION_0_TITLE="Big Bad Server Donald" SESSION_0_TYPE=rdesktop SESSION_0_SCREEN=1 SESSION_0_SCREEN_POSITION=2 SESSION_0_RDESKTOP_SERVER=x.x.x.x SESSION_0_RDESKTOP_OPTIONS="-u user -p password -a 16" SESSION_0_AUTOSTART=Off
CyberNerd Posted March 1, 2012 Posted March 1, 2012 SESSION_0_TYPE=icewm # The -a option here specifies the color depth # Note certain servers support certain color depths, wrong settings with this # May cause your connection to fail. SESSION_0_TITLE="Big Bad Server Donald" SESSION_0_TYPE=rdesktop Its one or the other, you can't have icewm and rdesktop as Session0. Make Icewm session1
mirojr Posted March 1, 2012 Author Posted March 1, 2012 Thanks, noticed that. Changed it to: # Individual Session Settings, override defaults # # IMPORTANT: Make sure you minimum have a SESSION_0. Otherwise you will get an error # on boot. You may have additional sessions: SESSION_1, SESSION_2 ... # SESSION_0 is on ctrl-alt-F3 #SESSION_1 is on ctrl-alt-F4 # ... etc. #SESSION_0_TYPE=icewm # The -a option here specifies the color depth # Note certain servers support certain color depths, wrong settings with this # May cause your connection to fail. SESSION_0_TITLE="Big Bad Server Donald" SESSION_0_TYPE=rdesktop SESSION_0_SCREEN=1 SESSION_0_SCREEN_POSITION=2 SESSION_0_RDESKTOP_SERVER=x.x.x.x SESSION_0_RDESKTOP_OPTIONS="-u user -p password -a 16" SESSION_0_AUTOSTART=Off with: NET_USE_DHCP=On #NET_IP_ADDRESS=192.168.0.1 #NET_MASK=255.255.255.0 #NET_GATEWAY=192.168.0.254 #NET_DHCP_DELAY=30 NET_FILE_ENABLED=On NET_FILE_METHOD=tftp #NET_FILE_USER=needed_for_scp_only #NET_FILE_ALTERNATE=192.168.0.4 #NET_DNS1=192.168.0.2 #NET_DNS2=192.168.0.3 #NET_DNS_SEARCH=cartoons.org.nz Same issue, but the boot aborted message now has 'menu - ' appended on it
mirojr Posted March 2, 2012 Author Posted March 2, 2012 Am still not managing to get past this error 'No valid session type'
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now