Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted
Just pulled a spare machine out of the rack. It's a 3gb dual opteron. I've got a pristine Windows 2003 SP2 install on it. So the next step is to install Citrix on it. I've digested all the manuals, guides, and installation notes. But is there anything else I need to do? :)
Posted
Not really... make sure you follow the instructions and that you select the type of shadowing you want to use along with the correct version. These two features require a re-install (at least the shadowing DEFINATELY requires a full re-install of Citrix).
Posted
Not really... make sure you follow the instructions and that you select the type of shadowing you want to use along with the correct version. These two features require a re-install (at least the shadowing DEFINATELY requires a full re-install of Citrix).

 

There's alot of pain in that last sentence :)

Posted

@NetworkGeezer: I read the instructions so no pain for me :D I did come across a topic on the Citrix forums whith lots of people in pain ;)

 

There is a reason for it mind - a lot of banks and other organisations dealing with sensitive information use Citrix. It's not a good idea to be able to shadow sessions (even with a message displayed to show that shadowing is happening) when people's money is at risk.

Posted

Oh, I've found out something else. Because I have Intel based machines with 4Gb of ram Windows is using PAE. This is bad for a TS. As the kernel gobbles up page tables twice as fast as it's supposed to.

 

So I removed the /PAE switch from the boot.ini and each server can support twice as many users. Yay! :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...