Carter Posted February 16, 2012 Posted February 16, 2012 (edited) I have "Preview 1" installed and i've successfully tested it with Active Directory as a mobile account on a laptop as well as Open Directory with group Manager. Active Directory - worked great. Bound the computer and logged in with an AD account and mounted my network share. Everything seems to be running smooth. Open Directory - Bound it to OS X 10.7.3 Open Directory Server and worked great. Anything I adjust so far takes effect on the new 10.8 client. iMessges - works great as well. As the OS is linked to my iCloud account I was able to iMessage anyone on my phone from iMessages on the laptop by using a persons mobile phone number of email address. So far I'm impressed!. . Edited February 16, 2012 by Carter 3
mellowip1983 Posted February 16, 2012 Posted February 16, 2012 will have to see if i can get an apple dev subscription from ICT budget next year and get hold of a copy of it!
Carter Posted February 16, 2012 Author Posted February 16, 2012 will have to see if i can get an apple dev subscription from ICT budget next year and get hold of a copy of it!It's certainly nice to have to get a good idea of what to look forward to and testing. As of today I'm tryin to figure out if next school year we will be running either 10.6, 10.7 or 10.8 lol
GrumbleDook Posted February 17, 2012 Posted February 17, 2012 I've been testing a few apps on it and have been able to crash a number running Adobe Air, MS Excel and Word (no issue with powerpoint, even opening a 1.2GB file .... don't ask!) and I am now starting on other tools. Not put iWorks on yet ... still just making a list of my regular apps to tick them off as I check them. I am running it on a VM under Parallels Desktop 7 Build 7.0.15054 with 1 core, 2 gig of RAM and 64 meg assigned graphics. I'll adjust as needed further on.
GrumbleDook Posted February 24, 2012 Posted February 24, 2012 With it being a dev preview it is always a bit difficult to compare speeds to a released OS. On my VM I don't find in any slower than Lion ... which seems to hint at good things ... but between now and release all sorts of things can change to affect it.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now