Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Outlook 2011 connect to Exchange issue


Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm having a problem with getting an Apple Mac Book with Office 2011 on to communicate to an Exchange 2007 SP1 Rollup 6 sever. I've gone through the setup process how I would expect. Tools, Add Account, Exchange Account. Ive then input the e-mail address as required, the domain and log in which is VSPORT\e-mail address and then the password. Office attemps to find the Server but comes back and says it cant contact it and gives me a box with Server and a blank space at the side. I'm not sure how to procede from here as this is not something I have come accross with PC versions of Office.

 

One other thing that might be an issue is that the Mac is not connected to the domain but is just on the network, as we do not want to give this user access to anything else other than this one e-mail account.

 

I've been told that you can setup Office 2011 Outlook to connect to Outlook Web Access, is that correct?

 

This is only the 2nd mac I have had to do anywork on in 17 years, so my knowledge of them is a bit limited.

Posted

1. Exchange 2007 SP1 is not supported anymore, I sugges you upgrade to at SP3 + latest RU (I think it's RU6).

2. If the MAC is not connected to the domain, then how can it resolve the Exchange addresses/services.

3. You need to configure OA or if you want to use OWA, then just pop open the browser and go the externally published namespace.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...