glennda Posted February 10, 2012 Posted February 10, 2012 (edited) I'm fairly sure its not my end as all other emails coming through to exchange are normal but emails notifications are coming at random times today. Like I've just received one which was sent at 10am this morning - has been like it for a couple of days though. Anybody else noticed this? Edited February 19, 2012 by ZeroHour 1
glennda Posted February 10, 2012 Author Posted February 10, 2012 Hmm could well be the Lea's filtering or something up stream - just had 4 emails from a supplier all come through at once! with times from 9am to 11am so not just eg just noticed it with these rather then others
vikpaw Posted February 12, 2012 Posted February 12, 2012 (edited) Yesterday 5pm my time GMT + 3. And same today, just coming in at 5pm. I was about to email you @ZeroHour . I figured you'd changed something as it used to be midnight GMT. Is the new server in a different timezone ?? EDIT: I should add, i'm talking about the daily updates, not instant notifications. Don't have them enabled for many threads. Edited February 12, 2012 by vikpaw addition 1
ZeroHour Posted February 13, 2012 Posted February 13, 2012 Hmm could well be the Lea's filtering or something up stream - just had 4 emails from a supplier all come through at once! with times from 9am to 11am so not just eg just noticed it with these rather then others The notification for your reply came instantly (<5 mins) @vikpaw the server is set to UK London Timezone and is sync'ed here.
glennda Posted February 13, 2012 Author Posted February 13, 2012 Must be the LA being funny last week - this one came through straight away
vikpaw Posted February 14, 2012 Posted February 14, 2012 The notification for your reply came instantly (<5 mins) @vikpaw the server is set to UK London Timezone and is sync'ed here. Hmm, it's not a user setting is it. The daily updates time? Mine are coming in at 5pm daily. It's not a delay, just a change to the usual routine, as it's gone from midnight GMT to 2pm GMT. I'll adjust my sub for this thread to see if the instants are instant.
ZeroHour Posted February 14, 2012 Posted February 14, 2012 I think I have fixed it now for you @vikpaw I suspect php didnt like the timezone and was sending batches at the wrong time, although the mail goes out with x time it was really sent at y. This may have caused issues with you @glennda but what type of email was delayed? instant reply notifications or daily update notifications?
vikpaw Posted February 14, 2012 Posted February 14, 2012 Cheers @ZeroHour instant notification is fine, and i'll let you know later about the dailys
vikpaw Posted February 14, 2012 Posted February 14, 2012 Still got all my updates at 5pm today GMT +3. Bit of a pain, as it also seems that it's resetting my view of subscribed threads with updates, in the usercp.
vikpaw Posted February 15, 2012 Posted February 15, 2012 Like you care today, but i got more updates at midnight too, so i guess we'll see what happens over the next 11 hours.
glennda Posted February 18, 2012 Author Posted February 18, 2012 Yup my emails are fine - but i think mine was more LEA then edugeek!
vikpaw Posted May 6, 2012 Posted May 6, 2012 @ZeroHour - it's reverted back to sending daily updates at 5pm my time (Last few days.). Which is 2pm GMT. Has something changed again? 1
ZeroHour Posted May 16, 2012 Posted May 16, 2012 @vikpaw confirmed by vbulletin, it appears cron tasks are running about 12 hours ahead of time. This I think has started happening since 4.1.11 but since I dont use daily notifications I did not spot the issue.
GrumbleDook Posted May 16, 2012 Posted May 16, 2012 I also have had this issue on and off for a while, and probably miss an updated for 1 in 10 subscribed threads. I'll use this thread to log examples of missed notifications.
GrumbleDook Posted May 16, 2012 Posted May 16, 2012 Chatting with @ZeroHour it looks like the issue is the restriction in VBulletin on multiple notifications of multiple posts on a single unread thread which is done to reduce load / traffic.
vikpaw Posted May 17, 2012 Posted May 17, 2012 No it can't be that, that is for instant thread updates. I'm talking about the daily updates. There is no restriction on them, i'm getting them all, they are just really early. They normally come through at midnight UK time, but are now coming in 9 hours early.
ZeroHour Posted May 17, 2012 Posted May 17, 2012 No it can't be that, that is for instant thread updates. I'm talking about the daily updates. There is no restriction on them, i'm getting them all, they are just really early. They normally come through at midnight UK time, but are now coming in 9 hours early. GD was talking about his notification issue, your issue is different/unsolved right now.
vikpaw Posted May 17, 2012 Posted May 17, 2012 ah, ok, my bad. well the instant notice on this came through just now.
ZeroHour Posted May 31, 2012 Posted May 31, 2012 This issue has been finally fixed, it appears there was a problem with php.ini's date.timezone variable.
vikpaw Posted May 31, 2012 Posted May 31, 2012 If by fixed you mean, waking me up at 4.45 am with 7 copies of each update summary email, yeah, sure. Thanks
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now