CyberNerd Posted May 11, 2007 Posted May 11, 2007 WE are currently using Citrix with hidden local drives but wish to install GTK apps. as far as I know, GTK overrides the 'security through obscurity' method of hiding local disks. I appreciate the hiding method is rather pointless, but so far has worked. What is best practice for securing windows local disks, I've made sure student don't have write access to program files, but are the default windows C:\ drive values 'safe' for the on windows servers for multiuser ? or are there other areas I need to lookat - anyone have a checklist? Alternatively, is there a way of hiding the disks in GTK short of re-writing it?
Geoff Posted May 11, 2007 Posted May 11, 2007 the *nix equivalent of 'hidden' folders in Windows is to precede the name with a fullstop.
CyberNerd Posted May 11, 2007 Author Posted May 11, 2007 .. so if I rename c:\winnt to c:\.winnt then the GTK apps won't see it? sounds like it could end in tears.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now