penfold Posted January 23, 2012 Posted January 23, 2012 I have recently rolled out some HP Thin Clients T5145 for use in our library. The image was adapted from a library machine where it was configured to only allow web access and so didn't require USB, but now we want people to be able to access their own USB's. However if you connect a USB pen into the client it doesn't show on the desktop. I thought I had done this last week, but testing it on a couple of clients proves me wrong. The only thing I have done is update the client logon but nothing to do with USB (or that I noticed). I cant work out if this is some simple setting I've missed on the clients but as I've used the same image on all the clients now they all have the same problem. I've tried different user accounts and different USB's but still am unable to see it. Any suggestions of where I can start looking?
tumbleweed Posted January 23, 2012 Posted January 23, 2012 We've got some of these running the thinpro OS - somewhere in the client setup there's a 'drive mapping' option for USB which may need setting.
penfold Posted January 24, 2012 Author Posted January 24, 2012 I've got that setting ticked but it doesn't seem to make any difference. I'm wondering if it is a fault in the image as there was a few issues with the client trying to auto logon even though the option was not selected. It seemed to be that it didn't recognise the changes being made. I might try a fresh image, but at least I know I was looking in the right place. Cheers
penfold Posted January 24, 2012 Author Posted January 24, 2012 Looks like it was a couple of faulty USB pens. Although they worked in normal desktops, they couldn't be seen in the thing client. Tried a different memory stick and it worked fine.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now