Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Server Error in '/HAP' Application when trying to access setup.aspx


Recommended Posts

Posted

Hello,

 

Im trying to install and setup HAP on a testserver in our college. I've followed the video on the website and get as far as the part that asks me to load setup.aspx in IE, but when I try and do this I get a:

 

"Server Error in '/HAP' Application, Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied" Error message (See attached screenshot).

 

Has anyone else had this issue? If so, how do I fix it?

 

Thanks.

HAPErrorMsg.JPG

Posted

As it says in the video - full control for Domain admins and system and read and write for the IIS app pool\hap account. I've also turned off the inheritance of permissions like it asks.

 

Would it be because the IIS folders are not on the C:\ drive but on the D:\ drive?

 

Thanks.

Posted
Didn't work. I replaced the Ajax file in inetpub\wwwroot\HAP\bin and restarted IIS but when I browse to http:///hap/setup.aspx I still get the 'Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied'. error message.
Posted
Yes. I've tried unzipping the contents of the Ajax zip file to C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly as sugggested in a post, and I've also given Full Control to the C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319 and I've added the HAP account to it, and it sill keeps saying Could not load access is denied. Has anyone else had this issue?
Posted

ok, it's confusing the hell out of me :confused:

 

Only thing I can think of is to reset the permissions on the bin folder, try increasing permission levels (grant everyone) on that folder.

Posted
Good to hear. That permission will be ok, since the bin folder is a protected IIS folder, i.e. not visible externally. Odd that it needs those permissions to work but there we go
  • Thanks 1
Posted

I'm now trying to configure the HAP system, but I dont get the webpage viewed with tabs, just a long list and I've also got a red cross against IIS intergrated pipeline, services activated and app_data_write access even though HAP has full access to the app_data folder.

 

From one problem to the next.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...