ben_hampshire Posted May 9, 2007 Posted May 9, 2007 I posted yesterday about a profile problem which has not yet been resolved. Basically i can not create or use roaming profiles. I can use a mandatory profile that defaults to classic start menu for some odd reason but folder redirection wont work with it. Local profiles work fine with folder direction and the share folder has all the right security credentials. Is there any reason why roaming profiles would suddenly stop working? its racking my brain because everything seems to be setup right. Can anyone give me advise on anythinhg that could be acusing this. Cheers
Ashers Posted May 9, 2007 Posted May 9, 2007 We had a roaming profile problem a few weeks ago and got loads of replies, none of which worked. We came up with this solution after trying a few and worked out that it seemed to be the NTuser files. We rename the problem profile folder (we just added the standard .old to the name). Then made a new folder with the original name and copied over all the files/folders except the userdata folder (if ther is one) and the NTUSER files. I've done this with the user is logged on and not logged on and it seems to have solved the problem. Good luck!
tosca925 Posted May 9, 2007 Posted May 9, 2007 @Ashers Could this be something to do with the original permissions on the profiles folder you re-name?
elsiegee40 Posted May 9, 2007 Posted May 9, 2007 I've had a weird one today. It turned out the Default Profile was missing... I have written up how I fixed it, but my folder is in school and I'm home. Will check this thread tomorrow. If you're still in limbo, I'll post what I did. Lin
elsiegee40 Posted May 10, 2007 Posted May 10, 2007 I'm back in my cupboard now... mopping up the aftermath of my Profiles problem. In my case it was the Default Profile was missing from the NETLOGON folder. Fortunately I had a backup and was able to restore it. Cause... another Tech's carelessness. We have a network tech who comes in to give additional support occasionally and it was him
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now