ranj Posted December 28, 2011 Posted December 28, 2011 Hi All I am currently doing some testing with Domain controllers DHCP, DNS servers as well as 2 clients. I am using VM workstation 8. I have created a team as well as a LAN segment and connected the VMs to the LAN segment. I have set no options in the virtual network editor. My networking knowledge isn't that great so you will have to bear with me on this one. One of VMs is a windows 2008 R2 server with DHCP and DNS. This server I have given a static IP but I have 2 client workstations running WIndows XP which I need to connect and get an IP address from this internal DHCP VM but for some reason I cannot get it to work. Does anyone know why this is. I would have thought setting them all to the same LAN segment would then force the client VMS to look for a DHCP server. The client machines do not have static IPs address and are set to automatic so that it picks up from a DHCP server. What have I done wrong? Can anyone help? Thanks
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now