Hightower Posted December 15, 2011 Posted December 15, 2011 Needing some help on this, head is mangled. Flash is currently installed via GPO, and we are currently pushing out the latest Flash through their MSI. It seems to install properly, and when we browse to the flash website it says 'Flash installed vXXX'. It will also play some Flash fine. However, when browsing to a site that uses I can then browse to the Adobe site, download the version again in the normal installer format, run it through, and browse YouTube without a problem. This is logged on as any user - teacher, student, local admin. It doesn't work for any until a reinstall. Any ideas? It's bizarre how Flash works on sites that don't load the files with
Hightower Posted December 15, 2011 Author Posted December 15, 2011 Also, I can uninstall Flash via the MSI, and then install it via the same MSI and it then works.
plexer Posted December 15, 2011 Posted December 15, 2011 Interesting we get similar issues with flash where a site will load as a teacher fine but if a student tries it doesn't work until we add that site as trusted to the browser but I can't be doing that for everysite there must be some difference between the 2 users allthough I haven't found it yet. I hate flash. Ben
Hightower Posted December 15, 2011 Author Posted December 15, 2011 Could this be UHPC interfering does anyone think? We don't use any other cleanup tools. If so, anyway to add an exception so it misses out Flash?
mthomas08 Posted December 15, 2011 Posted December 15, 2011 We have not had these kind of issues for a long time, it used to be where it wasnt install for the actual profile - I would pre-setup the mandatory file by going to a flash site and installing flash if need be. Not had to worry about this for a long time though, some times though I have noticed that although it says "Flash" have you tried to install ShockWave as well seeing if that fixes the issue? I remember a while ago having all sorts of issues with flash - exactly the sorts of issues you two are having.
Hightower Posted December 15, 2011 Author Posted December 15, 2011 It actually works when first installed, and only stops working (for sites that use
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now