Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

identifying the creator of a file


Recommended Posts

Posted

I've had a miscreant create a file on our student share with rather unpleasant name. I'm trying to locate the creator of the file so I can arrange some sort of public humiliation but when I look up the file's properties on the server it lists the owner / creator as "Administrator" Not all that helpful.

 

Does anyone know a way of finding the true creator?

Posted
Is it an MS Office document? Might be able to get their username from the "Summary > Advanced" tab of the properties if it is (it'll most likely be under "Author")
Posted

Well... if administrator is the owner then it could be that administrator has posted it (or someone who knows the pass)...or you have a backup solution that edits this information. Then you should change this asap. I think you have no other alternatives to find this culprit. You could also look into file object auditing.

 

bio..

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...