Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

To all,

 

I am trying to create a CSV to import all our teacher users into the MRBS database (the server that runs it is totally outside of our network, and this was the only usable method). I export a CSV for phpmyadmin and then added a few more users as a test, just copying the default passwords hash key.

 

I then go to import it back in MRBS_users but it just does not play ball, as there is something wrong with line1, which is out of the database itself, I have told it to ignore duplicates.

 

Any ideas on how to import would be greatly appreciated, as I have a nice excel sheet which has made the email addresses for me, but I need to import them :-/

 

Looking forward to hearing suggestions,

 

Thank you.

Posted

OK I have solved this one,

 

you need to make sure that the top row is not the column/table heading (i.e.) delete it.

 

Need to make sure that the CSV is quoted (with the ") and that you use CSV Load Data and change the fields terminated by setting from ; to , (semicolon to comma)

 

then it works :-)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...