Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi,

 

I want to create an open network for student and staff personal devices. I currently have a locked wifi for school machines.

 

This is what I want to create but am having problems with the controller.

 

  • Open Wifi
  • Restricted Access - ie only to the internet

 

I am thinking that I need to go down the Radius server route or/and NAP.

 

Has anybody sucessfully used this controller or similar in the same environment.

 

Thanks for your help in advance.

  • 1 year later...
Posted
Hi,

 

I want to create an open network for student and staff personal devices. I currently have a locked wifi for school machines.

 

This is what I want to create but am having problems with the controller.

 

  • Open Wifi
  • Restricted Access - ie only to the internet

 

I am thinking that I need to go down the Radius server route or/and NAP.

 

Has anybody successfully used this controller or similar in the same environment.

 

Thanks for your help in advance.

 

Wow Your Brave, I've done a similar thing but used the MSM 760 to create a number of single use 1hr accounts and then just give them out to people who need access as and when (guests, not students). We also offer Free student WiFi that authorises using a Radius server against the students username and password for the network (802.1x). Then we log all that and push their traffic through our proxy.

 

Hope that helps,

 

Tom

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...