Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm playing around with an old Excel Spreadsheet to give it a little more functionality. The 5 a side league I play in has two divisions currently First Division has 10 teams and Second Division has 9. I want all the teams in either division to play at least 1 game, 1 team will of course have to play 2 games on that particular night. I've set the spreadsheet up to take upto 35 teams per division the sheet with all the team names has details of how many teams are in each division (three divisions maximum) what I would like to know is has anyone ever written an algorithm to setup fixtures until all teams have played each other at least once possibly twice (depending on what you would enter in a cell on the main sheet)? Or could anyone help me find some information on how to start this?

 

 

 

 

 

Wes

  • 3 months later...
Posted (edited)
Did you ever get anywhere with this? I was asked to create something that a teacher would input number of teams and how many available courts there are and it would create fixtures for each round. Not given it much thought yet but if you have got anywhere and have any tips. Edited by HMCTech
Posted
I'll have to dig it out bump the post tomorrow if I haven't got back to you. The spreadsheet I have is for a set of 40 teams (maximum) in each division. The other one creates fixtures based on a number of teams however it works on the basis of each round being on the same day with no proviso for how many pitches or courts?
Posted

An example would be at the start of games there would be 9 teams and 8 courts. So there would be 8 rounds with one team always sitting out. Fixtures would be generated for each round so that each team plays one another over the course of the 8 rounds.

 

That's my requirement as far as I know so far!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...