Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Can anyone tell me if you need to run the adprep.exe /forestprep on a DC that is running Windows 2003 Server SP1 before I add a member server with Windows Server R2?

 

The Microsoft KB doesn't even mention adprep but I am sure that you need to do this on the DC to update the Schema am I right?

Posted
If the R2 server is simply a member server it will not affect the Schema. It's only when you promote it to DC status that you must ensure the Schema is updated correctly.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...