Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

[PHP] - Creating Dataset from an Array.


Recommended Posts

Posted

Once again, I bow to the superior knowledge of those on Edugeek! :)

 

Another PHP, MySQL problem; I'm trying to produce a Dataset to use within FusionCharts for a project I'm working on, from a query on a MySQL database. The query is sound, and gives the results I need based on various session variables, but it's this bit I'm struggling with...

 

$strXML = "";

//Use the SQL Statement created in MM

$query2 = $rsSensorDataRange; //call string query

$strCategories = ""; //create categories
while ($cat = mysql_fetch_array($query2, MYSQL_ASSOC))

{
$strCategories .= ""; //display categories
}
$strCategories .= "";


$strValues = ""; //create values
while ($vals = mysql_fetch_array($query2, MYSQL_ASSOC))
{
$strValues .= ""; //display values
}
$strValues .= "";

//Close the Chart XML String
$strXML .= $strCategories . $strValues . "";
//Render the Chart
echo renderChart("FusionChartsXT/ZoomLine.swf", "", $strXML, "SensorReading", 790, 400, false, true);

 

The thing works to a point, the first part of the dataset gets created (ie. The Categories), but for some reason the second part (ie. the values) doesn't. I get the opening and closing dataset, but it just refuses to output anything. It seems that the fetch_array gets killed off while the first while bit.

 

I've been staring at this for hours trying to work out why it isn't working! Please help!

 

Cheers

 

Pete

Posted

I think I've sussed it. I'm still learning, but the code looks like this now at it appears to work:

 


$strXML = "";

//Use the SQL Statement created in MM
$query2 = $rsSensorDataRange; //call string
$strCategories = ""; //create categories
$strValues = ""; //create data series for Values
while ($cat = mysql_fetch_array($query2, MYSQL_ASSOC))
{
$strCategories .= ""; //display categories from 'TimeOfDay' field
$strValues .= ""; //display Values from 'Value' field
}

$strCategories .= "";
$strValues .= "";

//Close the Chart XML String
$strXML .= $strCategories . $strValues . "";
//Render the Chart
echo renderChart("FusionChartsXT/ZoomLine.swf", "", $strXML, "SensorReading", 790, 400, false, true);
?>

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...