Geoff Posted May 1, 2007 Posted May 1, 2007 Microsoft Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) 3.0 delivers new features including an MMC-based user interface with advanced filtering and reporting, improved performance and operational reliability, flexible deployment options to improve branch office support, and more content access through the Microsoft Update Catalog site. System Requirements Overview Customer Reviews Download WSUS 3.0
Rozzer Posted May 2, 2007 Posted May 2, 2007 Thanks for the heads up. I have updated our server but the LEA have not updated theirs so i cannot stream the downloads of them Ross
Andi Posted May 3, 2007 Posted May 3, 2007 Let us know how it goes bfg, I'd be interested in upgrading. Typical, I've been playing around trying to streamline version 2 as best as possible all week!
Geoff Posted May 3, 2007 Author Posted May 3, 2007 Deployed on 6 servers successfully here. There were a couple of patches I needed to install beforehand too: MS Report Viewer MMC 3.0 You'll also need these (XP version of the MMC patch though of course) if your installing the admin console on a XP client PC. One machine also hiccuped because it still had SUS installed, so I also had to remove that before WSUS 3.0 would install successfully. Several machines failed to detect that they had no MMC 3.0 installation on, so although the install ran sucessfully the admin console wouldn't work until I upgraded the MMC to 3.0.
contink Posted May 3, 2007 Posted May 3, 2007 Much the same experience as Geoff on this... Was pretty seamless..
dave.81 Posted May 3, 2007 Posted May 3, 2007 Installed but failing to get connection to the web oh well better tweak SchoolGuardian to let it through., odd though as WSUS2 was fine.
Geoff Posted May 3, 2007 Author Posted May 3, 2007 Yes, well worth it. I like the new MMC based interface, the downstream server reporting and the email alerts especially.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now