Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

We are running on Exchange 2010 Sp1 and we have a strange issue.

 

If you are using an XP client, you can flag an email \ set yourself a reminder without an issue and it will appear in the flags pane on the right in Outlook 2010.

 

If you are using a Windows 7 client, and you flag an email \ set a reminder it does not appear in the flags pane on the right in outlook 2010.

 

I have also noticed that flagged messages to do not come up in the flag items\tasks view on OWA.

 

It is a really strange issue - I've found the article about running outlook.exe /cleanreminders but it didnt make any difference.

 

If anyone knows what to do or has any pointers that would be great.

 

Thanks in advance!

Posted
all users have this issue or some?

If you create a new mailbox, same issue?

Create a new Outlook profile, same issue?

 

Hi Sukh,

All users have this issue

If we create a new mailbox it is the same issue.

If we create a new outlook profile it is the same issue.

Posted
is one running Office 2010 SP1 - it caused me a few issues

 

Hi Glennda,

We have one with SP1 and one without, same result on both regardless of account used.

Thanks

Posted

This is an example in OWA - there is a flagged message in the inbox but it doesnt show as flagged in the tasks\flagged pane - I'll grab a Windows 7 \ Office 2010 screenshot now for you.

 

owa example.png

Posted (edited)
Hmmm and I've never noticed that before, but the flag shows up on my iPhone, just not OWA or Outlook 2010 on a Windows 7 client (on an XP client it is fine).... Edited by eddyc
Posted

Here is a screenshot in Outlook 2010 non SP1 on Windows XP where it is working fine (and works fine on XP in Outlook 2010 with SP1)

 

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12006[/ATTACH]

 

This is driving me mad!

Posted

Are you show there isnt a view configured. For e.g the Outlook example, I see the red flag, I can see this on mine.

 

If you go to view, clieck view settings, the columns, is it selected?

Posted

Hi Sukh,

 

It is the same (in Outlook atleast) across both XP and 7 clients whether they are SP1'd or not. Configured as per the screenshot below.

 

screent.png

Posted

Sorry, that;s not the settng im referring to, should on the menu bar, View>ViewSettings>Colums

 

Also, can you run Outlook in safe mode and test, i.e Outlook.exe /safe

Posted
Sorry, that;s not the settng im referring to, should on the menu bar, View>ViewSettings>Colums

 

Also, can you run Outlook in safe mode and test, i.e Outlook.exe /safe

 

Hi Sukh, it is the same in safe mode and is enabled on that menu bar too. I'm really stuck on this one!

 

Ed

Posted

Hi

 

Just want to rule out your client build. Can you build a Windows 7 PC with Outlook 2010 using a fresh install, and test?

 

Then add SP1 for Office and test?

 

Do you use imaged PC's?

Posted
Hi

 

Just want to rule out your client build. Can you build a Windows 7 PC with Outlook 2010 using a fresh install, and test?

 

Then add SP1 for Office and test?

 

Do you use imaged PC's?

 

Hi Sukh,

 

Evern with a clean Windows 7 (no updates) Office 2010 (No updates) machine, there are no flags. I've also now noticed a strange issue in that the signature from the mail account disappears sometimes after the first login, sometimes after 5/6 logins - no real reason behind it either....

Posted

Ok so I thought that this issue was with everybody.

 

It turns out that any one else who uses a Windows 7 pc does not have this issue - only me.

 

If I flag stuff it doesnt show up as flagged, in OWA or Outlook.

 

If anyone else flags stuff on the same computer, it shows up as flagged in OWA and Outlook.

 

I've deleted my profile with little joy and am being driven around then bend - does anyone have any idea?!?!

 

I think its got to be exchange (my mailbox) related, but I just cannot see what!

 

Cheers

Posted

Could be that you need to export your mailbox items out to a PST and then create a new mailbox and import back in.

 

Beofre you do that, try moving your mailbox to a new database and then test again?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...