Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Anybody out there had problems installing the MS teacher client software?

 

On one laptop I can get the URL accepted but it will not synchronise. It takes a while and then seems to time out. The workstation sitting next to it also takes a while on the same user account but always manages! Same happens to the laptop over the internet.

 

On another laptop it will not accept the URL even though I know it is correct.

 

Some other laptops work, as do all of the workstations on site.

 

Thoughts?

Posted

I know this sounds obvious but are your computers connecting OK to the network and Internet? Is the switch OK in your network. Do the laptops connect from another network outside the school?

 

If you have connected then its not class server or client.

 

Not on an RM network ?

Posted

Thanks for the reply.

 

The things you mentioned were checked apart from the switch but I used the ethernet cable out of a workstation where class server was working so that side is OK.

 

For some strange reason my laptop went through yesterday at work and started to synchronise! It then worked at home. I am waiting for a colleague to get back to me to let me know if his has magically fixed itself or if he is still experiencing problems.

 

Darren

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...