Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi all,

 

I have an annoying issue where 2 printers just wont go away! If I try and remove them manually I get an access denied error, the only way I've found to get rid of them is to remove them from the registry and then restart the print spooler service.

 

Both have (redirected xx) in their names where xx is a number which increases whenever I remove them and they come back.

 

Help me get rid of these buggers!

Posted

I'm asuming your using remote desktop and the printers are on a server?

 

if this is the case ignore them. it's somthing to do with printers redirected related to the machine to used to remote desktop with. if you were logged on the server locally.( sat at the machine) then theses don't appear.

 

I beleive the feature is intended to allow you to print to your nearest printer from the machine your logged into remotely

  • Thanks 1
Posted

This would be fine but they are setting as default (despite our printer script setting the actual mapped printer), and confusing kids as it gives an error when they try to print to them.

 

You are correct server 2008 terminal services.

Posted

Yes the kids are using thinclients to connect to our terminal services.

 

They get a single printer mapped by a powershell script at login.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...