hagridsbeard Posted October 14, 2011 Posted October 14, 2011 Just a quick question about offline files in Win 7. Our users get their home drive mapped from their account as normal: 'Connect H: to \\fs001\students$\intake04\joe.bloggs' etc. For those using sync center enabled laptops, I want to administratively assign that location to the sync (so they don't have to right click and make avaible offline). I've tried this via GPO and using the setting 'Administratively assign offline files' set to '%HOMEDRIVE%%HOMESHARE%' but it doesn't seem to be working. Any ideas what I'm missing?
spc-rocket Posted October 14, 2011 Posted October 14, 2011 Hi, Instead of putting %homedrive%%homeshare%, just leave it as %homedrive%. Now you must make sure that in the user's ADUC properties the connect drive is H and the path is populated. Ash.
hagridsbeard Posted October 14, 2011 Author Posted October 14, 2011 Yup, changed this a bit ago as I noticed that both %homedrive% and %homeshare% essentially go to the same place. But on testing with a user, it seems to sync, but doesn't actually locally cache the network files.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now