enjay Posted September 15, 2011 Posted September 15, 2011 I have created a Group Policy, however for some reason it is not applying to the computers - I have run a gpupdate/force and gpupdate/boot/sync without success. The Policy has applied successfully in my office for some reason, but not any of the other locations to which it is allocated. The Policy is adding a startup script, however I know that the script is good - if the batch file called in the script is run manually, it works, and if I add the Policy to a specific station via gpedit.msc, it also works. Any suggestions?
FN-GM Posted September 15, 2011 Posted September 15, 2011 If you run gpresult /r on the machine can you see the policy there?
enjay Posted September 15, 2011 Author Posted September 15, 2011 If you run gpresult /r on the machine can you see the policy there? No, it isn't listed.
FN-GM Posted September 15, 2011 Posted September 15, 2011 No, it isn't listed. Can you see other polices there?
enjay Posted September 15, 2011 Author Posted September 15, 2011 Yes, other policies are listed, although I note some other recently-created policies haven't applied either...
FN-GM Posted September 15, 2011 Posted September 15, 2011 You are putting this policy in place on the OU the workstations live?
enjay Posted September 15, 2011 Author Posted September 15, 2011 Sorry, don't understand your question...
FN-GM Posted September 15, 2011 Posted September 15, 2011 Right you have an OU where all your computer live? Is the group policy linked to this OU? Thanks
enjay Posted September 15, 2011 Author Posted September 15, 2011 Gotcha, and yes - the Policy is linked to the container. I don't think the issue is actually the Policy itself though, as other Policies aren't applying either, so it looks more like the computers aren't checking in with Group Policy properly.
FN-GM Posted September 15, 2011 Posted September 15, 2011 Gotcha, and yes - the Policy is linked to the container. I don't think the issue is actually the Policy itself though, as other Policies aren't applying either, so it looks more like the computers aren't checking in with Group Policy properly. Well when you do a gpresult the other polices show but the new one doesnt so it generally means that all but the new one is applying. What makes you think it isnt working?
Hightower Posted September 15, 2011 Posted September 15, 2011 Also, you can dictate which users/groups pick up the policies. If you only have it set for Domain Admins say, it won't apply even if it is assigned to the correct OU for any other user. If you want it for all users makes sure the filters are set for Authenticated Users.
enjay Posted September 15, 2011 Author Posted September 15, 2011 Well when you do a gpresult the other polices show but the new one doesnt so it generally means that all but the new one is applying. What makes you think it isnt working? When I do a gpresult, I see Policies which I applied a few weeks ago, but not two which I applied yesterday.
enjay Posted September 15, 2011 Author Posted September 15, 2011 Also, you can dictate which users/groups pick up the policies. If you only have it set for Domain Admins say, it won't apply even if it is assigned to the correct OU for any other user. If you want it for all users makes sure the filters are set for Authenticated Users. It was set to Authenticated Users, but I have added the computers by name as well and will try again...
sparkeh Posted September 15, 2011 Posted September 15, 2011 Have you checked the event log for any gpo errors? Do you have multiple domain controllers? If so are the policies replicating?
enjay Posted September 15, 2011 Author Posted September 15, 2011 There are Event Viewer messages relating to a different Policy not applying, but nothing on these ones...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now