Chuckster Posted September 5, 2011 Posted September 5, 2011 Using the VB script from the Wiki: Mapping Network Drives - Wiki I am unable to map to a folder that's been created under a namespace that is targetting to a specific folder located elsewhere on another server. I am, however, able to map using this command: NET USE N: \\schoolname.internal\communication$ BUt it is intermittent. I have checked permissions and all is fine, but I'm unable to map to a DFSRoot using VBscipt. Does anyone know why and how I can fix it?
ZeroHour Posted September 5, 2011 Posted September 5, 2011 Do you have multiple namespace servers? I have seen issues with mapping with 2 providers before.
Chuckster Posted September 5, 2011 Author Posted September 5, 2011 Yep, I do indeed have 2 namespace servers. Manually mapping the drive is not a problem, but using vbscript is. What was your workaround?
ZeroHour Posted September 5, 2011 Posted September 5, 2011 Yep, I do indeed have 2 namespace servers. Manually mapping the drive is not a problem, but using vbscript is. What was your workaround? I never found a solution tbh, I just disabled a namespace server to see if that resolved it. Try disabling one and see if everything works then.
Chuckster Posted September 5, 2011 Author Posted September 5, 2011 I've disabled one namespace server to no avail. How do you map your DFS?
ZeroHour Posted September 5, 2011 Posted September 5, 2011 GPP was what we used for mappings, its simpler then scripts with easy to diagnose event log entries. 1
Chuckster Posted September 5, 2011 Author Posted September 5, 2011 I was just about to make an update and state that GPP solved my problem! I personally prefer using scripts (old habits die hard) but I guess I should start embracing GPP more often.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now