SimpleSi Posted April 10, 2007 Posted April 10, 2007 White waiting for sysman_mk to return to the forums so he can show me how to use his Joomla template< I looked around to see if there were any free, simple CMS systems around and I found CMSimple It doesn't need sql database facilities - just php. I've had a bit of a play with it and managed to enhance it to look like a quality frames based proper website If anyone dares to sully themselves you can look at it at http://www.hoole.lancs.sch.uk/cms A proper CMSimple site has a lot more features and I'm thinking of suggesting that we use it for pupils to make their own sites (within the semi-confines of the school webspace) - just need to suss out permissions on remote webspace. regards Simon
SimpleSi Posted April 11, 2007 Author Posted April 11, 2007 :oops: Didn't check out site in IE - should now look similar to old in both IE6 and FF2 regards Simon
SimpleSi Posted April 11, 2007 Author Posted April 11, 2007 Thats what I call a result then Nobody actually use konquereror for real browsing regards Simon
Geoff Posted April 11, 2007 Posted April 11, 2007 Konqueror uses KHTML as it's rendered. Apples Safari browser also uses a fork of KHTML to do the same. Thus you site is likely to be broken on Mac OS X too.
sqdge Posted April 11, 2007 Posted April 11, 2007 I've been using phpwcms as a cms for a client who wanted an easy to maintain site. It does require an SQL DB, but installs very easily. But not sure if I would recommend it since I needed to hack around in the innards to get it to behave.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now