Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

The server (RHEL6.1) has iscsi initiator started on boot.

chkconfig iscsi on

The iscsi disks are used for backup, the other disks are FC SAN.

 

 

on reboot I see:

 

fsck.ext4 Unable to resolve 'UUID=d24feb8b-9352-42d2-9efa-db5d52f5bc8e'

fsck.ext4 Unable to resolve 'UUID=f1299fae-f2b5-44cc-8f56-067fb7f9216f'

fsck.ext4 Unable to resolve 'UUID=c9279c61-43a4-463d-bf1b-3d51878645e6'

 

 

Then I'm dropped into a recovery shell.

 

In recovery /etc/init.d/iscsi says:

iscsi is stopped.

 

Which is no surprise because the network is stopped.

 

 

 

my fstab:

the last 3 entries in the fstab are iscsi drives (for backup)

/dev/mapper/vg_student-lv_root / ext4 defaults 1 1

UUID=fa6228af-9e2b-4b8e-901c-b5c003c07572 /boot ext4 defaults 1 2

/dev/mapper/vg_student-lv_swap swap swap defaults 0 0

/dev/VolGroup01/CURRIC /home/CURRIC ext4 defaults,usrquota,grpquota,acl,user_xattr 1 2

/dev/VolGroup02/T_Drive /shared ext4 defaults,usrquota,grpquota,acl,user_xattr 1 2

tmpfs /dev/shm tmpfs defaults 0 0

devpts /dev/pts devpts gid=5,mode=620 0 0

sysfs /sys sysfs defaults 0 0

proc /proc proc defaults 0 0

#172.16.0.81:NFS_Backup /backup nfs timeo=14,intr

UUID=d24feb8b-9352-42d2-9efa-db5d52f5bc8e /backup ext4 defaults 1 2

UUID=f1299fae-f2b5-44cc-8f56-067fb7f9216f /backup-SHARED ext4 defaults 1 2

UUID=c9279c61-43a4-463d-bf1b-3d51878645e6 /backup-SIMS ext4 defaults 1 2

 

I can comment out the iscsi and boot normally, then uncomment and mount -a works.

 

How do I fix this? Do I need to get the network/iscsi turned on faster

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...