Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have been having some people mention that when they print to the Networked Kyocera C5300DN printer from Adobe Reader sometimes lines and other items are missing from the printout, however they print out fine to other printers.

 

I am wondering if this might be something to do with the printer driver being used, as Kyocera offer 3 different drivers for download:

Download Center | ServiceWorld | KYOCERA MITA - laserprinter, printer, copier, multifunctionals

 

Classic PCL5 Universal Driver

Classic KPDL Universal driver

KX driver (certified and signed by Microsoft)

 

Does anyone know which one would be best to use, and the differences between the drivers?

Posted

I've had similar problems in the past with HP printers. IIRC the PCL5 drivers tended to suffer least and also turning down the quality helped (I put it down to memory issues).

 

I also found that print accounting software could cause problems... as well as certain versions of Adobe Reader.

  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...