matt40k Posted August 16, 2011 Posted August 16, 2011 I think you've missed what I'm trying to say. DMS - Document Management Server - a windows service created by Capita for SIMS .net DocStorage - The physical Windows Directory DMS uses If you open cmd cd "c:\program files\sims\sims .net document server" (or cd "c:\program files (x86)\sims\sims .net document server") dmconfig it'll output directory: s:\docstorage backup directory: s:\docstorage\backup (or whatever) etc We, like most people have a scheduled task to backup the SIMS database, using dbattach, now if you add /DMS (or tick the box if you do it manually), it will perform a docstorage\dms (sims reports etc) backup, what this does is make a copy of the docstorage folder - in this case, s:\docstorage - into to a subfolder (date based) in the docstorage backup folder - in this case, s:\docstorage\backup. What I'm saying is: 1/ This IMHO is pointless - maybe if you have the backup directory to a separate (non-raided) drive (along with the sql backups), then maybe it might useful. 2/ I can update TidyBackups to compress and\or remove old dms backups which are located in the docstorage backup directory. Not the docstorage - this must not be tidyied directly.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now