Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi everybody,

I running Windows Server 2008 r2 SP1 with WSUS 3.0, MDT 2010 Update1, WDS, and some other applications like sophos, which is experiencing some strange issues. Yesterday morning I found it

yesterday morning with all of its program shortcuts missing, as well as Administrative Tools. I scrolled through the system log but can't really see anything related to the issue except the sophos and the console cannot be found. I have checked and the sophos enterprise console is still installed but the files in the update directory have half gone and so machines cannot update.

I have found that files on the computer can be seen but when you click on some they come up with the message to insert the disk. I have checked the permissions and they are ok for the ntfs and the share. Also files have gone from c, d ,f drives.

Does anyone have any ideas to might be the cause of this issue?

 

I have installed the raid util in windows and it loads ok but will not contact the raid.

 

I am in the process of putting files share onto other server from backup but this server is very ill.

 

Richard

Posted

Hi

 

I have had a look and spoke to the techs and have compared against security logs and cannot say I have any evidence. I have had to chkdisk all the drives and restore the system state and the c drive to get it to work. Now the only problem I have is the corrupt files on the data drives.

 

Richard

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...