Jobos Posted July 4, 2011 Posted July 4, 2011 (edited) Admin are using Targsats and they have a shared folder on the server so they can all access the data. Basically Targsats is just a collection of Excel files with macros and for some reason Excel keeps freezing when opening the files. The problem looks like a trust issue as when the files are opened from the desktop Targsats works fine. So my question is how can I set Excel to trust a network location and not block the macros. Excel 2007 has the add network location in the trust centre but I can't see anything like that in Excel 2003 and I would rather set these options in GP anyway. Edit: Everything was working fine till the other week and the only thing that's changed is that I installed a Certification Authority on one of the servers. Edited July 4, 2011 by Jobos
Jobos Posted July 4, 2011 Author Posted July 4, 2011 So Excel 2007 and 2010 trusts can be controlled via GP but I still can't see a way to do this with Excel 2003.
TheMan100 Posted July 4, 2011 Posted July 4, 2011 Can you not create an MSP file for it and configure the trusted location settings, then just apply it to the computers.
Jobos Posted July 4, 2011 Author Posted July 4, 2011 Can you not create an MSP file for it and configure the trusted location settings, then just apply it to the computers. Well I've found out why Excel has stopped working Microsoft Office File Validation Add-in slows down Excel 2003 when - Microsoft Answers
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now