computer_expert Posted June 15, 2011 Posted June 15, 2011 Hi all, I set up a debian squeeze box yesterday and edited the /etc/fstab file so that the system should mount an NFS share at boot. The line that I added contained the following: #NAS 192.168.0.253:/share /media/nas nfs _netdev,auto 0 0 This used to work fine (most of the time) on Ubuntu 10.04LTS, but will only work on Debian once I issue 'mount -a' in a ternimal. Does anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening and how I can fix it? Thanks, c_e
unixman Posted June 15, 2011 Posted June 15, 2011 It sounds as though your /etc/network/if-up.d/mountnfs.sh is not running. Do ifdown/ifup and see if it is. It creates a directory /var/run/network/mountnfs - if dir exists before the script starts it will cause trouble, so you need to get rid of it. 1
pybe Posted June 15, 2011 Posted June 15, 2011 I have had similar issues mounting smbfs shares at boot and the only reliable workaround I found was to stick mount -a in /etc/rc.local which is executed at the end of each multiuser runlevel. Hope this helps. Pybe 1
computer_expert Posted June 15, 2011 Author Posted June 15, 2011 It sounds as though your /etc/network/if-up.d/mountnfs.sh is not running. Do ifdown/ifup and see if it is. It creates a directory /var/run/network/mountnfs - if dir exists before the script starts it will cause trouble, so you need to get rid of it. Yep, the directory did exist, so I removed it and ran the mountnfs.sh script which didn't work for some reason. I rebooted and it still hadn't mounted the share but once the script was run manually it worked fine on the two reboots I did to test it. Thanks I have had similar issues mounting smbfs shares at boot and the only reliable workaround I found was to stick mount -a in /etc/rc.local which is executed at the end of each multiuser runlevel. Hope this helps. Pybe Thanks This was going to be the next thing I would have tried if I couldn't have got it going using unixmen's method.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now