wesleyw Posted March 19, 2007 Posted March 19, 2007 I have modle install on a FreeBSD environment. I would like all the resources to be stored on our Windows based storage server is there a way of doing this either in the settings/config file/re-writing php code? Wes
webman Posted March 19, 2007 Posted March 19, 2007 Moodle has a config value for where to store the data. $CFG->dataroot in config.php Just mount the windows share on the BSD box then point the dataroot value to the mountpoint.
CyberNerd Posted March 19, 2007 Posted March 19, 2007 Probably easier to mount the windows share in samba as a subdirectory of your moodle install, but you might get problems re-mounting if the connection is lost.
wesleyw Posted March 21, 2007 Author Posted March 21, 2007 Right having setup another forum question just to deal with the Samba file mount I am now in a position to play. I've setup the moodledata folder to point at our shared area now I havea problem when you go to the upload/choose file the directory structure is blank even though all of the files and folders are there when looking at the mounted area using windows or linux, any ideas guys? Wes
wesleyw Posted March 21, 2007 Author Posted March 21, 2007 So really what I am looking for is moodle to not create new directories every time a new course gets created or at least always looks at the root of the moodledata folder instead when looking to choose or upload files is there anyway of doing this? Wes
Geoff Posted March 21, 2007 Posted March 21, 2007 You can't mix things like that. You must give moodle it's own space to work in.
wesleyw Posted March 21, 2007 Author Posted March 21, 2007 Moodle can have its own space but I need it to look at the share as the first point for choosing files. A school in Kent has managed to do this but I am still waiting to contact them about how this was achieved. Wes
Geoff Posted March 21, 2007 Posted March 21, 2007 'Site Files' reside in: /moodledata/1/ 'Course Files' reside in: /moodledata//
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now