TheFopp Posted June 6, 2011 Posted June 6, 2011 I'm sorting out the Head with a notebook that she can use when out of School. All going well, but one issue I'd like to resolve if possible. We run Exchange 2010 and on her school PC the head uses Outlook 2007 to get her emails. Would like her to be able to use Outlook 2007 on the new notebook when not on the School network (she could use OWA but I know she prefers using Outlook), however I can't get Outlook to talk to the Exchange server when its not on the School network. Seems strange when its so easy to setup up a mobile phone to get emails/contacts/calendars from Exchange/OWA that I'm struggling to get Outlook to do it. I've tried creating her Outlook account using the Exchange option, with the HTTP option... everything basically (we don't have imap/pop/smtp enabled on Exchange as everything else seems happy to do without it). It just refuses to talk to the Exchange box/OWA. Has anyone managed to do this successfully and if so how? Many thanks in advance Adrian
sukh Posted June 6, 2011 Posted June 6, 2011 1. Have you setup your external namespace? 2. Have you setup Autodiscover? 3. Are all your certificates correct? 4. Many reasons why thi smay not work. 5. Runt the Exch RCA and check - https://www.testexchangeconnectivity.com/ Sukh
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now