Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I run Gaim on Debian Etch and have noticed that file transfers take a ridiculous amount of time (particularly with one user who uses Live Messenger on XP).

 

I'm currently receiving a 700K image at 0KB/s!!!!!!

 

Any thoughts? I know that my friend's ADSL connection is relatively slow but three uploads shouldn't kill the connection on a 128kbit uplink and I have a 2Mbit downlink on cable.

Posted

Think I answered my own question after a bit of googling.... it seems that the reverse engineered file transfer protocol isn't too fantastic in Gaim and, as a result, gives dodgy transfer results - particularly from Live Messenger (something to do with MS servers).

 

I just need to persuade all the windows users to switch to a decent messenger client.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...