LeMarchand Posted May 6, 2011 Posted May 6, 2011 Was thinking of playing with one of the above. Any thoughts on what would be the best use of my time? Like the idea of the inventory side of Spiceworks (and the Helpdesk - if I could get the staff to use it!), though iTalc might be more useful for the teachers.
Deanuk Posted May 6, 2011 Posted May 6, 2011 At first I like the spiceworks features, but what I didn't like was the advertsing that is involved in the system.
LeMarchand Posted May 6, 2011 Author Posted May 6, 2011 How intrusive are the ads? I don't mind them if they keep the product free and aren't huge pop-ups.
cryan Posted May 6, 2011 Posted May 6, 2011 We use both. Together they're a very powerful monitoring and support tool. The Ads on spiceworks just blend into the background... they;re never interesting but the spiceworks community is a great place to go to for ideas, support and conversation.... not that I cheat on the edugeek community. I'd certainly recommend them both. - In italcs case go for the Release Candidate rather then the stable release. 1
Duds Posted May 8, 2011 Posted May 8, 2011 Spiceworks can be a little tricky to set up, but I have found it invaluable since doing so. As you mentioned, the HelpDesk feature is excellent, if you can get staff to use it.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now