Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I pass parameters to a report using the /paramfile switch. However I have a question that I am unable to test out using just one copy of sims.

A relevant set of lines in the paramfile looks like this...

 

  
- 
 Mark date 
 Date 
 MarkAfterDate 
- 
 2010-08-30T09:21:30 
 
 

 

What I need to know is will this file still work if I give my reportdef and this paramfile to another school or is the

Parameter id="G4eLZ0AEAuyM7z6pd69+8Q=="

part specific to my copy of sims?

 

 

Howard

Posted

I think (99%) that the report will get a new Parameter id when inported into another sims database.

 

To get round this make a script to Generate Paramiters XML file for the report and also script an edit of the XML once created to be how you need it.

 

To generate the xml use the folowing comand

 

CommandReporter /USER:xxx /PASSWORD:xxx /REPORT:mySIMSreport /PARAMDEF /OUTPUT:myXMLfile /QUIET

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...