ICTNUT Posted March 12, 2008 Posted March 12, 2008 Geoff, installed as suggested and got the following: root@4428-prtsvr:/pysnmp-2.0.9# python setup.py install running install running build running build_py creating build creating build/lib creating build/lib/pysnmp copying pysnmp/asn1.py -> build/lib/pysnmp copying pysnmp/asynrole.py -> build/lib/pysnmp copying pysnmp/bulkrole.py -> build/lib/pysnmp copying pysnmp/error.py -> build/lib/pysnmp copying pysnmp/role.py -> build/lib/pysnmp copying pysnmp/v1.py -> build/lib/pysnmp copying pysnmp/v2c.py -> build/lib/pysnmp copying pysnmp/__init__.py -> build/lib/pysnmp running install_lib creating /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pysnmp copying build/lib/pysnmp/asn1.py -> /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pysnmp copying build/lib/pysnmp/asynrole.py -> /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pysnmp copying build/lib/pysnmp/bulkrole.py -> /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pysnmp copying build/lib/pysnmp/error.py -> /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pysnmp copying build/lib/pysnmp/role.py -> /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pysnmp copying build/lib/pysnmp/v1.py -> /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pysnmp copying build/lib/pysnmp/v2c.py -> /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pysnmp copying build/lib/pysnmp/__init__.py -> /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pysnmp byte-compiling /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pysnmp/asn1.py to asn1.pyc byte-compiling /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pysnmp/asynrole.py to asynrole.pyc byte-compiling /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pysnmp/bulkrole.py to bulkrole.pyc byte-compiling /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pysnmp/error.py to error.pyc byte-compiling /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pysnmp/role.py to role.pyc byte-compiling /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pysnmp/v1.py to v1.pyc byte-compiling /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pysnmp/v2c.py to v2c.pyc byte-compiling /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pysnmp/__init__.py to __init__.pyc Then tried to install pykota agin and got: root@4428-prtsvr:/# dpkg -i pykota_1.26_official_ubuntu_all.deb Selecting previously deselected package pykota. (Reading database ... 43431 files and directories currently installed.) Unpacking pykota (from pykota_1.26_official_ubuntu_all.deb) ... dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of pykota: pykota depends on python-pysnmp4; however: Package python-pysnmp4 is not installed. dpkg: error processing pykota (--install): dependency problems - leaving unconfigured Errors were encountered while processing: pykota Any sugesstions? What if I rebuild the server with 7.0x instead of 6.06 would that help??
Geoff Posted March 12, 2008 Posted March 12, 2008 Also did you edit the passwd and group sections of nsswitch.conf so that it uses winbind?
Geoff Posted March 12, 2008 Posted March 12, 2008 When I did my ubuntu install, I did not use the deb package. I used the tarball. I can confirm that Hardy works via the tarball method.
Ric_ Posted March 12, 2008 Author Posted March 12, 2008 You could just use Debian Etch and the the instructions would work flawlessly.
Geoff Posted March 12, 2008 Posted March 12, 2008 I couldn't use etch because there was no driver support for some of the newer printers I have (photocopiers mainly).
ICTNUT Posted March 12, 2008 Posted March 12, 2008 Yeah I had a brain wave and decided to check support and found that our Canon iR range of copiers is not supported. I have installed ubuntu 7.10 and has worked of the bat, to say that I have CUPS up and running now going for PYKOTA. Will update you as I go....
ICTNUT Posted March 13, 2008 Posted March 13, 2008 OK here goes, I have ubuntu 7.10 instaled and working, I have cups installed and working (have added two printer thus far and done test prints to them OK), I have pykota installed. When doing that last section on the CUPS config: chown -R administrator:"domain admins" /etc/samba/drivers/ I get the following return ed back: chown: `administrator:domain admins': invalid user on the next line: cupsaddsmb -H servername -U administrator -a I assume that servername is replaced with the name of my print server?? Onto the Pykota config, where it says add a printer via the CUPS interface I can do this but the is nowhere to select the type of "Pykota Managed" Any ideas?....
Geoff Posted March 13, 2008 Posted March 13, 2008 1. Verify you've edited the /etc/nsswitch.conf file as I earlier suggested. 2. Yes. 3. Verify the /usr/lib/cups/backend/cupspykota symbolic link exists and the permissions are correct on /usr/share/pykota/cupspykota file.
ICTNUT Posted March 13, 2008 Posted March 13, 2008 (edited) OK after a great deal of effort ubuntu is out the window. I have installed debian etch (4.0 r3) and have got most of the way with no errors at all, however, I am not at the bit where we change some permissions: # chown -R administrator:"domain admins" /etc/samba/drivers/ and i get: chown: `administrator:domain admins': invalid user I have tried variations of domain admin accounts / groups non of which work, any ideas anyone??..... Edited March 18, 2008 by ICTNUT
Ric_ Posted March 18, 2008 Author Posted March 18, 2008 Sorry that I missed your post... I had a problem with this during my migration. Things to check are that the directory exists (!) and that winbind, etc. are working - particularly check there is no clock skew!
Geoff Posted March 18, 2008 Posted March 18, 2008 (Third time now) Did you edit /etc/nsswitch.conf so the system knows to ask winbind about users/groups?
ICTNUT Posted March 18, 2008 Posted March 18, 2008 @Ric_: i did see a mention somewhere about NTP, I can gaurantee this has not yet been setup but I guess it should be, any pointers?? @Geoff: Yes see below: # /etc/nsswitch.conf # # Example configuration of GNU Name Service Switch functionality. # If you have the `glibc-doc-reference' and `info' packages installed, try: # `info libc "Name Service Switch"' for information about this file. passwd: files winbind group: files winbind shadow: files winbind hosts: files dns networks: files protocols: db files services: db files ethers: db files rpc: db files netgroup: nis
Geoff Posted March 18, 2008 Posted March 18, 2008 i did see a mention somewhere about NTP, I can gaurantee this has not yet been setup but I guess it should be, any pointers?? apt-get install openntpd Then edit /etc/openntpd/ntp.conf Mine looks like this: # Addresses to listen on (ntpd does not listen by default) listen on * #listen on 127.0.0.1 #listen on ::1 # sync to a single server server ntp0.lancsngfl.ac.uk server ntp1.lancsngfl.ac.uk see below you have the order wrong, your using winbind for shadow (which is wrong). Here's how mine works: # /etc/nsswitch.conf # # Example configuration of GNU Name Service Switch functionality. # If you have the `glibc-doc' and `info' packages installed, try: # `info libc "Name Service Switch"' for information about this file. passwd: winbind compat group: winbind compat shadow: compat hosts: files dns mdns networks: files protocols: db files services: db files ethers: db files rpc: db files netgroup: nis verify that your nsswitch is working correctly like so: root@goliath:~# getent passwd | grep Administrator administrator:x:11761:10015:Administrator:/home/CARRHILL/administrator:/bin/bash root@goliath:~# getent group | grep "Domain Admins" Domain Admins:x:10015:Ctx_ConfigMgr,zimbra,EMLibUser1,sweepupd,gking,manager As you can see, mine works
ICTNUT Posted March 18, 2008 Posted March 18, 2008 Ok as you can see the following works: 4428-prtsvr:~# getent passwd | grep ozanpakyuz JKHS-PD\ozanpakyuz:*:11763:10002:OzanPakyuz:/home/JKHS-PD/ozanpakyuz:/bin/false ozanpakyuz:x:1000:1000:Ozan Pakyuz,,,:/home/ozanpakyuz:/bin/bash but this does not: 4428-prtsvr:~# getent group | grep "Domain Admins" 4428-prtsvr:~# So i guess soemthing is still missing somewhere. I copied you nsswitch.conf file as you posted it and we have moved foreward and it look like it is able to see users just not groups
Geoff Posted March 18, 2008 Posted March 18, 2008 So can winbind see groups? root@titan:~# wbinfo -g | grep "Domain Admins" Domain Admins
ICTNUT Posted March 18, 2008 Posted March 18, 2008 Nope, I get the same thing, just returns an empty line
ICTNUT Posted March 18, 2008 Posted March 18, 2008 I get the following: 4428-prtsvr:~# wbinfo -g BUILTIN administrators BUILTIN users domain users teachers domain guests domain computers group policy creator owners cert publishers domain admins domain controllers _web applications exchange domain servers dnsupdateproxy _web anonymous users students jkhsadmins reports alcusers 2005_intake 2004_intake 2003_intake 2002_intake 2001_intake smt banned_internet alcstaff 2006_intake moodlecreators ict_reset_passwords ras and ias servers exchange enterprise servers dhcp users dhcp administrators netopactivity dnsadmins wins users debugger users telnetclients iis_wpg sqlserver2005mssqluser$jkhs-dc1$microsoft##ssee sqlserver2005msfteuser$jkhs-dc1$microsoft##ssee wsus reporters wsus administrators certsvc_dcom_access enterprise admins schema admins all staff resources 2006 2005 2004 2003 2002 mathsgroup orangeteam Which is really wierd as domain admins is in there
Geoff Posted March 18, 2008 Posted March 18, 2008 That looks like it's working to me. Can you try your chown command again?
ICTNUT Posted March 18, 2008 Posted March 18, 2008 This did not work: 4428-prtsvr:~# chown -R ozanpakyuz:"domain admins" /etc/samba/drivers/ chown: `ozanpakyuz:domain admins': invalid group But this did: 4428-prtsvr:~# chown -R ozanpakyuz:"jkhsadmins" /etc/samba/drivers/ Does not seem to like the domain admins group???
Geoff Posted March 18, 2008 Posted March 18, 2008 I believe the spaces and double quotes may be confusing things. Try using the user/group numbers rather than the names.
ICTNUT Posted March 19, 2008 Posted March 19, 2008 Things are not getting any easier...... Seems that CUPS, SAMBA, PYKOTA are all working ok but if I try to do the following: pkprinters -a -c 0.01 6050_RM74_51.214 I get: ERROR: Error: could not connect to server: No such file or directory ERROR: Is the server running locally and accepting ERROR: connections on Unix domain socket "/var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432"? ERROR: --- the most probable cause of your problem is that PostgreSQL is down, or doesn't accept incoming connections because you didn't configure it as explained in PyKota's documentation. I followed everything that was displayed as part of the auto setup (basiclly [y] to everything) but no go. any ideas... I am starting to regret this....
Geoff Posted March 19, 2008 Posted March 19, 2008 You have a database problem. Is postgres installed and running? Double check the database settings in pykota.conf and pykotadmin.conf. Do they match your database setup?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now