Ecclesbury Posted April 8, 2011 Posted April 8, 2011 Hi all, Just a quick query really, and apologies if this is a query I could find the answer to elsewhere, I dont' have time to hunt around for the solution and thought I might get a quick win from a post on here! I'm updating QAN codes in course manager, but it running painfully slowly. It will take around 30 seconds to a minute just to open up a course. Changing the course description also seems to make it drag. The problem seemed to start after I'd updated the QAN catalgue (this was previously just about empty, since we had no Post-16, but this has changed) I think I may have made the mistake of importing all QANs rather than just those I needed, so does anyone know if I can clear the QAN catalgue, or amend it? Or is there something else which might be making course manager work so slowly? Thanks, Jonny.
Ecclesbury Posted April 8, 2011 Author Posted April 8, 2011 Sorry, bit of additional info that I've just discovered: I've checked different workstations so it is not just my machine that is running slowly (or slower than usual!) The problem disappears once I have assigend a QAN to a course. When I open up a course to update it, is SIMS doing something in relation to the QAN? It seems odd that just opening a course to view it is taking about 10 times as long for courses with QANs assigned than those without.
adamf Posted May 2, 2011 Posted May 2, 2011 Got exactly the same problem and the cause also seems to be importing all the available QANS to Course Manager. I've got a case open with Capita to see if this can be resolved or if there is a way to delete expired and unused QANS. I'll post the outcome.
adamf Posted May 4, 2011 Posted May 4, 2011 There is a patch from Capita that will remove unreference QANS from the database - 12879 is the one you want.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now