gtg93 Posted April 7, 2011 Posted April 7, 2011 (edited) Hi, # I was wondering if anyone knew of any good free recovery/repair software for MS Office 2010 docx files? I've tried all the usual tactics such as open if openoffice but I just get a lot of random # and letters spread over 2300 pages. When all the # are removed some words can be made out but you're still not able to make any sense of it. MS Word's built in recovery tool and I get the same error if I was opening it as normal: The File Filename.docx cannot be opened because there are problems with the contents. DetailsThe File is corrupt and cannot be opened Opening in Notepad / Wordpad and it's just a lot of symbols (tried resaving from wordpa and notepad to various different formats , doc/html/xml/txt/rtf etc, with no look. I've tried various programs for the internet such as: WordFix, Docx Repair and Word Repair with no luck. I tried Recovery Toolbox for Word too and managed to get three lines out of it. I'm not hopeful but if anyone can offer any help I'd be thankful Cheers. Edited April 7, 2011 by gtg93
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now