sidewinder Posted April 7, 2011 Posted April 7, 2011 Had a problem with a projector for months, ever since I started here, the image from the PC has a constant flicker. Tried running a new cable, a new VGA splitter, tried a new PC, and none worked. I knew it wasnt the projector because connecting it to my laptop worked fine. So after reading a random thread on here the other day about ground loops causing interference, I tried plugging the projector in to the same wall point as the other equipment is plugged into - and voila the flickering is gone! I also tried with other power sockets round the room but they seem to induce flicker too, only the one with the PC/splitter connected to it works. So what do I do? I could run a load of extension leads and plug the projector in by the PC rather than on the ceiling. But that would look a bit messy. Or is there something an electrician can do? We have a regular one, who I assume fitted the sockets in the first place, what would I need to ask him for?
localzuk Posted April 7, 2011 Posted April 7, 2011 I'd say you want to get the electrician to change the power source for the projector to be a spur off the socket the rest of the stuff is plugged into.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now