Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

This is driving me MAD!

 

Using windows server backup and an external hard drive I have attempted 'backup once' backups. The backups are saved to one folder on the hard drive. I've tested big backups and small quick ones, every second or so backup fails with 'One of the backup files is corrupted'. One of the backups that failed was a large folder of photos, so I did a backup to test of a smaller amount, that worked but the next similar sized one didn't!

I have an offsite backup running nightly but can't fit everything on it, so whilst this isn't my only backup option - it's bugging me now.

 

The drive is OK as some of the backups succeed and can be restored from.

Posted (edited)

Can you try with Sophos on access disabled?

 

Also, are you backing up directly to the hard drive? Is this USB?

Edited by sukh
Posted

Usb external drive. I'm not in again 'til monday but intend to try with on access disabled. I've done a system state backup to a network shared folder which was ok.

 

I've just downloaded server 2008r2 eval copy to put on a laptop at home, so will try to recreate the situation.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...